Ramcharger, Trailduster & Power Wagon Grrrr!! Tough Trucks! The Dodge Ramcharger and Plymouth Trailduster were full size SUV's that had good looks and brute strength. The Dodge Power Wagon was comparable to them in toughness, but came in pickup truck form only.

Dodge Power Wagon clearance

Old 04-25-2007, 03:02 PM
REDBARON
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Power Wagon clearance

Hey Everybody,

What are the differences in ground clearance between the Power Wagon and the rest of the Dodge Ram 4X4 line?[>:] I know that the spring rates are different, but are the springs actually higher? From what I've been able to discern, It seems like the Power Wagon is a pair of thirty-three inch tires plus somevery slightly taller front springs, basically a leveling kit with big tires. Barring the ramp-breakover and approach angle, if I leveled the front of my Mega Cab CTD 4X4 and put on some thirty-three inch BFG A/T's would I essentially have the same ground clearances as a Power Wagon?

Just want to have as much ground clearance as I can without exceeding factory specs and thereby voiding the warranty. [:@]

Thanks,

John

P.S. Maybe someone lucky enough to actually own a Power Wagon would be so kind as to actually go out and physically measure; A. The heighth from the edge of the tailgate when open to the ground. B. The distance from the top of the wheel arch of a front and rear wheel respectively to; A. the hub and B. the ground. C. The top center of the front bumper to the ground. Thiswould be very cool.

2006 Dodge Mega 4X4, 5.9 Auto--Without Equal.

Old 04-28-2007, 06:13 AM
Powerubi Wacon
Veteran
Default RE: Dodge Power Wagon clearance

This is right from my 2005 Dodge Ram Power Wagon literature from Chrysler.

Suspension: the front coil springs and rear leaf springs are tuned to provide good ride quality

Ride height: significantly increased - approximately 1.8" in the front and 1.4" in the rear to create additional room and allow a greater range of articulation

Hope that helps.

Old 05-05-2007, 05:27 PM
stillflyin
Default RE: Dodge Power Wagon clearance

And it needs more hight.
you also have to get rid of the big *** scope for a rock guard
it acts like a shovel in the mud

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dodge Power Wagon clearance